January 10, 2016

The Work of Peggy Noonan

Evident in every speech, column, news report, or lecture in Peggy Noonan's collection, The Time of Our Lives, is the author's respect for the virtue of work, and for meaningful work, at that. This makes sense: the book is a compilation of her lifetime's work, a meaningful effort by any measurement.

In a lecture to Harvard students, Noonan discusses working at the White House the day the Challenger blew up: "Sometimes, and I'm not sure it happens more than half a dozen times in a professional life, you will have a day, or a week, or a moment, or a season, when you think to yourself, 'This is why I'm here. This is why I'm in this office on this day. This is why God put me here.' I had one of those days that day."

The post The Work of Peggy Noonan appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

Source: Washington Free Beacon