August 29, 2016

The Cyber Threat: iPhone Software Targeted in Government-Linked Hack

Years ago during lunch with a recently-retired National Security Agency cyber security official, I immediately noticed the former official's iPhone as he placed it on the table next to his fork. Wow, I thought, if an NSA electronic spook is using an iPhone, those babies must be secure. Days later I traded in my cell phone for an iPhone and have been using them ever since.

I endured Apple's proprietary restrictions, like the inability to change batteries, a company tactic that forces customers to buy a new phone every few years as the battery gradually wears out. So too did I accept the iPhone's inability to expand its memory.

The post The Cyber Threat: iPhone Software Targeted in Government-Linked Hack appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

Source: Washington Free Beacon